Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Seven Day Tribute to Women: Jennifer Cheung

My mom is a superwoman. When she was my age she moved away from everything and everyone she knew to start a  new life in Canada with my dad. She persevered and worked diligently to learn English and start her career here. With her hard work and determination, she has built a life and a foundation for our family in this country over the years. She is a selfless woman who makes countless sacrifices for the benefit of our family, and always puts the needs of her kids first. She is upfront, straight forward,  and never hides how she feels or what she thinks. In the same breath, she will offer both criticism and praise, and always insists that you earn the latter rather than have it handed to you. My mom has always put up with my antics, and supported my endeavours. And she has  raised me right. Cheers to you, mum. :)

China's women struggle for a foothold in power
BEIJING - Chairman Mao famously said women hold up half the sky, but in today's China, the half that matters, the economy, often remains out of their reach. (http://www.internationalwomensday.com/)

*Thank you for following my tribute to some of the amazing women in my life. I hope you've enjoyed meeting them. - Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Carmen, I love all of these entries! Beautiful photos and equally beautiful writing. Cheers to YOU!

    ReplyDelete